Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RogerSteinberg
Post Patron
Post Patron

error when processing the data in the dataset.

I have two data sources: an excel file and a connection to sql server.

The power bi report refreshes fine but when I upload it to the server and schedules the refresh I constantly get the same error message. I thought this might be because i had the file in a shared network drive so then i moved it to my desktop. The same error message appears... I know there is no issue with the excel file since everything works fine on the desktop :

- i have the lastest powebi desktop version, the lastest personal gateway version and ive also download the pbix file from the service and there was no issue in the downloaded file

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Hide details
Data source error:	{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Information is needed in order to combine data"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[{\"kind\":\"SQL\",\"path\":\"server_name;db_name\"},{\"kind\":\"File\",\"path\":\"C:\\\\Users\\\\name\\\\Desktop\\\\ExcelFileName.xlsx\"}]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"PrivacySetting"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Fact Table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I fixed the issue by setting both privacy settings for the SQL and Excel Workbook connections to Public.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Im also getting this issue and Im a little confused. what If you dont want to set this to public?

I want to set it to organisational because that seems like the best fit. What is the actual problem? Im using Excel Files in Sharepoint as the file source

Private Data sources set to Private contain sensitive or confidential information. Visibility can be restricted to authorized users. Data from a private data source won't fold in to other data sources, including other private data sources. Facebook data, a text file containing stock awards, or a workbook containing employee review information. Organizational Data sources set to Organizational can fold in to private and other organizational data sources. They can't fold in to public data sources. Visibility is set to a trusted group. A Microsoft Word document on an intranet SharePoint site with permissions enabled for a trusted group. Public Files, internet data sources, and workbook data can be set to Public. Data can fold in to other data sources. Visibility is available to everyone. Free data from the Azure Marketplace, data from a Wikipedia page, or a local file containing data copied from a public web page.
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RogerSteinberg ,

Do you check the privacy level in data source settings of gateway? If it is privacy, please try to change it to None or Public.

5.PNG

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Your resolution is correct and I resolved my problem through resolution.

Yep it was already on None

Hi @RogerSteinberg ,

Well, maybe you could try to create a support ticket to get the dedicated support.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

to do this I have to contact the adminstrator of my organization which creates even more bureaucracy.... any other alternatives? have you ever encountered something similar? could this be caused due to a VPN connection?

I just tried using sharepoint and onedrive and i get the exame same issue.

I fixed the issue by setting both privacy settings for the SQL and Excel Workbook connections to Public.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Hmm. You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors