Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Johan-MTM
Helper III
Helper III

Why isnt filter pane showing in report?

I crated and shared a report as embeded but when users to to the report there is no filter pane for them:

JohanMTM_0-1677677418220.png

But in Desktop the filter is there and not hidden:

JohanMTM_1-1677677458089.png

What am I missing here?

/johan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Johan-MTM ,

Did you use publish to web option to embed your report in Dynamics 365 Portal ?

If you use publish to web option, it doesn't support filter pane currently. If you are using the filters pane on the right hand side of power bi I recommend creating slicers for those filters instead so that the users can view them on the web.

vtangjiemsft_0-1677813172159.png

You can try website or portal option, you can use filter pane if you embed your report by this option.

vtangjiemsft_1-1677813191719.png

Result:

vtangjiemsft_2-1677813209886.png

You need to be a pro user to use this option.

After the user has signed in, the report opens, showing the data and allowing page navigation and filter setting. Only users who have view permission can see the report in Power BI. All RLS rules are also applied. Lastly, the user needs to be correctly licensed – either they need a Power BI Pro license, or the report must be in a workspace that is in a Power BI Premium capacity. The user needs to sign in each time they open a new browser window. However, once signed in, other reports load automatically.

For more details you may refer to this blog: Embed a report in a secure portal or website - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Johan-MTM ,

Did you use publish to web option to embed your report in Dynamics 365 Portal ?

If you use publish to web option, it doesn't support filter pane currently. If you are using the filters pane on the right hand side of power bi I recommend creating slicers for those filters instead so that the users can view them on the web.

vtangjiemsft_0-1677813172159.png

You can try website or portal option, you can use filter pane if you embed your report by this option.

vtangjiemsft_1-1677813191719.png

Result:

vtangjiemsft_2-1677813209886.png

You need to be a pro user to use this option.

After the user has signed in, the report opens, showing the data and allowing page navigation and filter setting. Only users who have view permission can see the report in Power BI. All RLS rules are also applied. Lastly, the user needs to be correctly licensed – either they need a Power BI Pro license, or the report must be in a workspace that is in a Power BI Premium capacity. The user needs to sign in each time they open a new browser window. However, once signed in, other reports load automatically.

For more details you may refer to this blog: Embed a report in a secure portal or website - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

@v-tangjie-msft  Thank you for taking your time to reply! Now I understand it muchbetter and realice we probably going to need more licence 🙂
We work with libraries. So if I understand you correct our users wont be able to filter for examle, books by author (way to many to use a slicers I guess) in a report that is published on the web. instead each user needs a pro licens?
Or "... the report must be in a workspace that is in a Power BI Premium capacity" - could you try and explain this a bit more, I don't really understand what that means?

Again - thanks!

Hi @Johan-MTM ,

Refer this documentation,

vtangjiemsft_0-1677829603420.png

This sentence means that the user you share with must have a Pro or PPU license, please refer to this document for the license. Power BI service features by license type - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Pricing & Product Comparison | Microsoft Power BI

Premium capacity workspaces are marked with diamonds, after reports stored in Premium capacity workspaces are embedded,  users only need to have a free license to view the filtered report.

What is Power BI Premium? - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

When you purchase Premium capacity, refer to this section Assign Premium capacity to your workspace.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

Johan-MTM
Helper III
Helper III

This is not a complete report, this is just me trying to understand how it works. When i share the report using a URL (embeded) the report does not have a filter pane as you can see in the screenshot above. But in Power Bi Desktop the filter pane isnt hiddedn (via "the eye"). Am I missing a setting somethere? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors