Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BreeC
Regular Visitor

Slicer Sort Issue

I have a report that has two slicers and a multi-row card.  I have published the report to our organizations Power BI site and I have no problems using the report.   I have invited one user to use the report and when she clicks on the slicers the data does not change.  I selected the default settings when I invited her.  Is there a special permission that I need to alter so she can use the slicers on the report. 

I have also placed the report on a dashboard.  Any help is greatly appriciated!

Thanks,

Bree

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The user logged in again and it worked.... hmmmm...Cat Frustrated

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@BreeC wrote:

Is there a special permission that I need to alter so she can use the slicers on the report. 

No. How did you share?  Did you share a dashboard, or invite her into a shared workspace?  Have you set up any row level security in your report?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

I did both:  the report is on a dashboard and I shared the dashboard with her.  I accepted all of the defaults when I shared the report and have not changed any security.  I don't know how to change it yet.  🙂

It beats me. When stuff goes wrong, I normally try to test various things to try to isolate the problem.  If it is a share workspace, has she subscribed to the pro features?  Even the free trial?  I have seen instances where people say no when first prompted, then it is hard to trigger the prompt again. Try the cog on the right top corner. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

The user logged in again and it worked.... hmmmm...Cat Frustrated

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors