Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kstiegler
Advocate I
Advocate I

Scheduled refresh fails; error "Microsoft SQL: An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response"

Many of the datasets in my organization are failing their scheduled refreshes with the following error (all bracketed information has been removed):

Refresh failed:

[Report] has failed to refresh.
Failure details: Microsoft SQL: An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to https://[companydomain].crm.dynamics.com/xrmservices/2011/organization.svc/web?SdkClientVersion=9.2..... This could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down). See server logs for more details. RequestId: [Id] Time: [Time]

Next refresh for [Report] is scheduled for April 9, 2022 5:00 UTC.

Has anyone else encountered this error? In our Power BI workspace, there are just 13 datasets serving 13 reports, one each, on 13 different scheduled refresh timeframes (though some hours do overlap). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kstiegler ,

May I know if you refresh your report by on-demand refresh, will you get same issue? As the description, the scheduled refresh time of these reports have overlapped issue. Could you please try to enlarge the time span between them to avoid the overlap? After that, observe the refresh of them to see whether you will get such issue? Thanks in advance!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ScottTynan
Frequent Visitor

This is a pretty useless solution when your refreshes take hours to complete, particularly when pulling data from MS's own services such as Dynamics365. 

apoprio
Helper I
Helper I

Good Morning!
This is not a smart solution!!! 😓
Clearly it's a problem on Microsoft's side, because any SQL Server database can deliver the data when needed... 😞
imagine that we have many other queries ??? So, what time should we put? 🤔

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kstiegler ,

May I know if you refresh your report by on-demand refresh, will you get same issue? As the description, the scheduled refresh time of these reports have overlapped issue. Could you please try to enlarge the time span between them to avoid the overlap? After that, observe the refresh of them to see whether you will get such issue? Thanks in advance!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

I can conduct on-demand refreshes of all 13 datasets without the HTTP response issue showing up. 

I've reconfigured our refresh schedule so that no more than 2 datasets start refreshes on the same half hour. I'll watch for any future errors and report back.

Hi @kstiegler ,

May I know did you get the same problem recently after you rearrange of scheduled refresh time? Is this issue still happening?

Best Regards,

Yes, after I rearranged the refresh schedule, the issue has not recurred. For my purposes, I documented the refresh schedule in Excel so I could see clearly that not more than 2 reports were refreshing at any one time:

kstiegler_0-1650457100271.png

Hi @kstiegler ,

Thanks for your confirmation! That’s a fabulous idea!

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors