Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

dd88
Resolver I
Resolver I

RESOLVED - Fabric (Free) is assigned to users however displays message 'Upgrade to a paid PowerBI'

Background
In August 2023 the business users created a workspace and power bi report using Free Fabric/Power BI. Users used their work email accounts to sign up. The report was created as powerbi service, not on desktop app. The users could access the workspace and report. The users access permissions/workspace roles is Admin.

Thurs 28/03/2024. In Office365 as admin under Users, Active Users, License and apps. I checked and Microsoft Fabric (Free) is assigned to the users.

Assigned app FabricFreeLicense.png

Yesterday, 2/04/2024 now when the users access the workspace or report, either by clicking the report link, or going to the workspace and click the report to open,  a message displays 'Upgrade to a paid PowerBI license... You can also contact your power BI admin to request a free trial for 60 days.

powerBiLicense.png

It appears the users setup and access is correct to Fabric Free. I do not want them to sign up to pay.

Am I missing something?

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance ..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dd88
Resolver I
Resolver I

RESOLVED.

The user, on the top right hand side of the webpage clicked on profile. and clicked Start trial. Then signed in with user account credentials, all good

powerBiLicense-resolved.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @dd88 

Congratulations on solving your problem. You can mark your reply as a solution so that others in the community can quickly find a solution if they encounter a similar problem. Thank you very much for sharing.

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

dd88
Resolver I
Resolver I

RESOLVED.

The user, on the top right hand side of the webpage clicked on profile. and clicked Start trial. Then signed in with user account credentials, all good

powerBiLicense-resolved.png

Hi, I am facing the same issue as I am trying to access Microsoft Fabric free trial and gain access to the Data engineering side, and create a lakehouse. I have started the 60 day trial but nothing seems to change; sny advice would be great.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.