Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Premium Service - Update Error - PacketLimitReached

Dear Community,

I have been using PBI Premium at the company where I am working (a small one). It was working perfectly until today. (I still have ~20 trial days left).

Now, I am getting the following message after a scheduled update:

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Client_MaxPacketLimitReached","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Client_MaxPacketLimitReached","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}

The only related post I found was this one https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Analyze-in-Excel-Error-MaxPacketLimitReached/td-p/778149 - that taught about how to optimize my file. But my file was already updating, so the size of the file is not the issue.

I wonder if it is because the "data" available for my trial is already over. Or maybe it is related to the personal gateway I setup by myself that is been used to keep the data updated. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Have you assigned your dataset to premium capacity? if not, it will work as dataset that stored in a shared capacity. (these upgrades features of premium license not available on content that stored in common capacity)

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What would indicate that there are too many packets being sent.

What happens if you install and configure the Gateway as an Enterprise Gateway?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Did anyone figure out a solution to this? I randomly started getting this error after updating the Gateway to the latest version. Wondering if you already figured a workaround or solution for this error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors