Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI App to use Mobile View in iOS App

Hi there,

I have deployed a app in PowerBI that contains various reports that our audience needs to see. We are now in the process of designign optimised mobile viewing layouts for these reports. I have re-designed one using PowerBI service mobile layout and have saved the design.

However, when I use the PowerBI iOS app on my iphone and navigate to my deployed app and open my report, it is showing me the desktop version of the report. If I navigate to the workspace that the report is in, I can see the mobile layout as an option - almost as a different report. 

Our content is shared only via apps in PowerBI, so I need the app to open the mobile version of the report when using the iOS app, and the web/desktop version when using a PC. How can I configure my report/app to do this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MortenDeleuran
Frequent Visitor

Not sure I can help you with a configuration that solves this straight up in device exclusive view, but the way I have worked around this in our organisation, is simply by dublicating my Pages, and the make 1 of them "Regular view" and the other "Mobile View" 
This way users on Desktop can choose regular view, and users on Mobile, can choose Mobile View. 

MortenDeleuran_0-1674811256913.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MortenDeleuran
Frequent Visitor

Not sure I can help you with a configuration that solves this straight up in device exclusive view, but the way I have worked around this in our organisation, is simply by dublicating my Pages, and the make 1 of them "Regular view" and the other "Mobile View" 
This way users on Desktop can choose regular view, and users on Mobile, can choose Mobile View. 

MortenDeleuran_0-1674811256913.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

This isn't really all that viable for my app, as we have about 10 reports with 6-7 pages each, and doubling that is really not going to work. I would've though an application as mature as PowerBI would be able to recognise that the user is using the iOS mobile app and show the mobile optimised report.

Hopefully there is a way to ensure this works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors