Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI App to use Mobile View in iOS App

Hi there,

I have deployed a app in PowerBI that contains various reports that our audience needs to see. We are now in the process of designign optimised mobile viewing layouts for these reports. I have re-designed one using PowerBI service mobile layout and have saved the design.

However, when I use the PowerBI iOS app on my iphone and navigate to my deployed app and open my report, it is showing me the desktop version of the report. If I navigate to the workspace that the report is in, I can see the mobile layout as an option - almost as a different report. 

Our content is shared only via apps in PowerBI, so I need the app to open the mobile version of the report when using the iOS app, and the web/desktop version when using a PC. How can I configure my report/app to do this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MortenDeleuran
Frequent Visitor

Not sure I can help you with a configuration that solves this straight up in device exclusive view, but the way I have worked around this in our organisation, is simply by dublicating my Pages, and the make 1 of them "Regular view" and the other "Mobile View" 
This way users on Desktop can choose regular view, and users on Mobile, can choose Mobile View. 

MortenDeleuran_0-1674811256913.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MortenDeleuran
Frequent Visitor

Not sure I can help you with a configuration that solves this straight up in device exclusive view, but the way I have worked around this in our organisation, is simply by dublicating my Pages, and the make 1 of them "Regular view" and the other "Mobile View" 
This way users on Desktop can choose regular view, and users on Mobile, can choose Mobile View. 

MortenDeleuran_0-1674811256913.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

This isn't really all that viable for my app, as we have about 10 reports with 6-7 pages each, and doubling that is really not going to work. I would've though an application as mature as PowerBI would be able to recognise that the user is using the iOS mobile app and show the mobile optimised report.

Hopefully there is a way to ensure this works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors