Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Raaaajex

Power BI connection with JIRA through REST API

Hello Everyone,

I am facing issue in refreshing the Power BI Dashboard which has data source as JIRA connected in both the ways mentioned below:

1. Connection to JIRA via Rest API (This is a cloud connection which I am able to successfully connect into Power BI desktop)

2. Connection to JIRA via Odata feed through Power BI Connector availble in JIRA (This is a on-prem connection which I am able to successfully connect into Power BI desktop with setting up a Gateway in Power BI Service as well.)

Now the issue I am facing is once I am publishing this combination of connected data source dashboard to Power BI service, its failing without any proper error reason.

Could someone here help me to understand if we can use both the on-prem and cloud connection to JIRA in single report ?? As far as I can see if I publish the power bi dashboard which has only either cloud connection or on-prem connection to JIRA, it is working perfectly fine for me but not working when they are used in tandem in a single report. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sergej_og
Super User
Super User

Hey @Raaaajex ,
as far as I know you have to provide both sources using your gateway. That's my current state.
In the past I had no issues with calling JIRA API via my on-prem gateway.

Try to add your cloud API as a new connection to your gateway an point your semantic model to the corresponding conncetion.

Regards.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sergej_og
Super User
Super User

Hey @Raaaajex ,
as far as I know you have to provide both sources using your gateway. That's my current state.
In the past I had no issues with calling JIRA API via my on-prem gateway.

Try to add your cloud API as a new connection to your gateway an point your semantic model to the corresponding conncetion.

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors