Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GzzztBrain
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI charts ghost unsliced data

Hard to put this into words for the purposes of searching for solutions! Can anyone assist?

GzzztBrain_1-1682422179390.png

The chart shown is based on data that looks a little like this:

Owner, status

Tim, In Time

Tim, Overdue

Sally, In Time

Sally, In Time

Sally, Overdue

By default, all data is shown in the pie chart, so using my sample data, there would be 3 in-time records and two overdue records. It's expect to see a 60% (3/5) vs 40% (2/5) split in the pie chart. There is a slicer on the page that lets me choose between Tim and Sally. When I select Sally, I'd expect the chart to change and show 67% (2/3) vs 33% (1/3).

But as you can see in the picture, that's not what happens. Instead, most of the chart is ghosted, and the selected owner's data is shown in the original proportions, but with the individual elements scaled up. WIth my sample data, the proportions would still be 60/40.

How do I stop this behaviour and make the charts display only the selected data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, you can change the interaction between visuals to filter instead of highlight the pie. There is a menu for that. You click on a visual and all others shown a menu with the interactions. You can check more about that here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions?tabs=p...

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, you can change the interaction between visuals to filter instead of highlight the pie. There is a menu for that. You click on a visual and all others shown a menu with the interactions. You can check more about that here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions?tabs=p...

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Ah, I figured it out. You have to turn it on first:

GzzztBrain_2-1682425483323.png

Thanks!

Thanks! That's great, but I am finding the documentation confussing:

GzzztBrain_0-1682424994559.png

I don't see those icons. I see these:

GzzztBrain_1-1682425021589.png

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors