Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MRZ
Frequent Visitor

Need Help

Since I am very new to App.powerbi.com, my issue is easy to fix. I installed personal gateway, It is running and there seems to be no issues with it. Within PowerBI, under magae gateways, my test connections are fine and my Data Source connection shows successful. When i try to do a data refresh, it doesn't appear that anything happens other then throwing an error. the message is:

Your data gateway (Power BI – personal) is offline or couldn't be reached.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Processing errorYour data gateway (Power BI – personal) is offline or could not be reached. Ensure the gateway computer is on and you are logged on to it during the scheduled refresh period.
Cluster URIWABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID01d6d71f-7392-48b4-8141-09af0a4575b2
Request IDa413ad94-be07-4e73-2a0b-15de6d7a7764
Time2016-08-19 20:00:01Z

I am pretty sure that me gateway is online and everything i see indicates that i should be able to refresh.
I appreciate any insight that you may provide. Perhaps my understanding of what is available without signing up for Power BI pro is lacking. Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MRZ
Frequent Visitor

looks like my uderstanding of Power BI and 9gateways are at fault. I needed to sign up for Power BI pro to get connectivity to sql server date. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MRZ
Frequent Visitor

looks like my uderstanding of Power BI and 9gateways are at fault. I needed to sign up for Power BI pro to get connectivity to sql server date. 

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MRZ 

try below approach. not entirely sure it will work but you can try.

1. remove gateways from power bi service

2. remove dashboard / report from pbi service

3. signout of pbi desktop file (file -> signout)

4. publish from pbi desktop to service and re-authenticate

5. configure data gateway on pbi service

6. configure dataset to use that gateway

Thanks for the suggestions but to no avail. Here is the error I get: Power BI

We couldn't refresh because your data gateway (Power BI – personal) is offline. Make sure your computer is on and the gateway is up and running.

Activity ID2d301b5d-6718-429a-a0f7-d54173d1b12e
Request ID0c3092c6-05f0-bf50-29c0-750fec248416
Correlation ID4c6ef507-556e-7dc2-83f1-4c722411e3f9
Status code200
TimeMon Aug 22 2016 09:01:07 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1605.328

Make sure the computer where your gateway is installed is on and the gateway is running and the credentials are up to date.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

My test connection to the gateway gives me this:

Online you are good to go

In network services, it is started. I am at a loss but thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors