Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merge Errors - 2nd table values missing

I have 2 tables. One is a fact table (monthly expenses) the other is a monthly budget. After I create a merge of the two data tables, in the matrix, the values for the budget is either missing or sums up the budget incorrectly. It doesnt want to sit side by side by months on the matrix. I tried everything, create a index and its doesnt work. I just dont understand what could be wrong.

Its not the data, I checked countless times. Its how PowerBi is reading the values. 

1 REPLY 1
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Do you mean that in the matrix Totar is incorrect, You can create a Measure, use HASONEVALUE and IF to make judgments, and make sure Total is correct.

vyangliumsft_2-1684306094599.png

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create measure.

Measure =
var _sum=
SUMMARIZE('Table','Table'[MonthName],"Value",SUM('Table'[Value]))
return
IF(
    HASONEVALUE('Table'[Index]),MAX('Table'[Value]),SUMX(_sum,[Value]))

2. Result:

vyangliumsft_1-1684306039405.png

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide your pbix file without privacy information and desired output.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors