Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Scocal123
Helper I
Helper I

Making Dataset available without requesting access

Hello

I have a requirement to make a dataset in a Premium workspace avaialble to the entire organisation without any access requests. We have Premium capacity. 

From what I can gather, my options are:

- Mangage permissions > add a security group which contains the entire organisation. This would provide access to the org however I do not currently have a security list containing all staff available to me.

- Create an app (which would require me to have a report built off the dataset I want shared) and make the app avaialble to the entire organisation with build permissions. This would create a potential friction point as colleagues would need to install the app before the dataset becomes avaialble in 'get data'. 

- Add users to a workspace - this would not be allowed for my organisation

Grateful for any advice on whether there is an approach I am missing, and any guidance on how you have approached this type of request if you have faced a similar scenario.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Scocal123
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks R1K91. From what I have tested the install app automatically option is only available if you are choosing not to share it with 'entire organisation'. If you are, then I am not able to install the app automatically so they would at a minimum have to click a link to the app to install it before being able to access the dataset.

Kind Regards

R1k91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

for what concerns app installation, you can install it automatically to all the app'users.

just a flag in app creation:

Install and use apps with dashboards and reports in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

R1k91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

oh... you're right... sorry I wasn't aware of that.

so I think the only option would be a security group with all in...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors