Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pvn
Frequent Visitor

Issue with datamart

We use Datamart to load tables from Excel, SQL Server, and other sources.
However, while it is loading the data, we see the screen below and the message "Getting Import Status" appears for long time. It was initially displaying the name of the table and the number of loaded rows. However, we are just shown this screen right now and cannot determine whether the table is loaded or not.

pvn_1-1674194349137.png

7 REPLIES 7
Mikhail_A
Regular Visitor

I experienced the same issue.

One of the queries produced errors.

Once these been corrected, the message "Getting Import Status" was still hanging for a while.

But after going to the data and refreshing it, it turned that the query was processed correctly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Mikhail_A ,

That's correct. But, we will not know if all rows are loaded unless we manually go and check the data. Before, it was showing number of rows loaded. Now, we don't know as to how long we need to wait for the tables to load.

SM1993
Frequent Visitor

We have seen same behaviour and raised an ticket with support. They have acknowledged that this is an issue within product and told us that porduct team is working on it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @pratyashasamal ,

If that's the case, how do we know if its loaded ?

Before it used to show table name and number of rows loaded.

But, now it just says "Getting Import Status" and we never realise if it is loaded or not.

Is there a way we can figure out if the applied changes is loaded or not?

Thanks.

pvn
Frequent Visitor

@pratyashasamal okay, but it doesn't show if it is loaded or not , it takes more time and   Power BI Vertipaq engine will be taking all the dataset and comprises right?

Yes thats right

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @pvn ,
This issue may be happening because the datamart uses DirectQuery to the underlying database (SQL Server), while the other report uses the Power BI Vertipaq engine which is super fast.
Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal 
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors