Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

inaryboy

Incorrect Data being pulled from Excel Spreedsheet in OneDrive

Hi,

I am seeing incorrect data in the BI Report.  I updated a field in Excel to 500 but it is not being updated in the report.  I tried deleting everything including the report the spreadsheet and recreating it from scratch but the data is still incorrect.  It is like the data is either being cached or filtered.  When I right click on one of the bar graphs and select "See Records".  It shows the 500 value (see bottom image).

Is there something I am missing or is this a bug?

BIData.pngRecords.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
inaryboy

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Thank you for your reply.

I found the problem.  Power BI was using COUNT as the default grouping method, in Excel when I use the same table it defaults to SUM.

The data look good now.

Thank you and appreciate your time.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @inaryboy,

Glad to hear the issue is gone now Smiley Happy.

As the data is fine now, I will close this thread. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
inaryboy

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Thank you for your reply.

I found the problem.  Power BI was using COUNT as the default grouping method, in Excel when I use the same table it defaults to SUM.

The data look good now.

Thank you and appreciate your time.

Regards,

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @inaryboy,

As the 500 displays in See Records, it means the dataset already updated. How do you find the 500 not updated in the report? 

Please enter Edit mode of the report, then add a table visual, drag the ActionName and NoOfMachines columns into the table visual. then sort the NoOfMachines column descending, to check if 500 is here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors