Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ONE DRIVE - DATASET - REFRESH NOW

Spoiler

I'm using an source in Power BI Desktop to an ".csv"One Drive with this process (CSV - Web - Link - DataSource)

https://docs.microsoft.com/pt-pt/power-bi/desktop-use-onedrive-business-links

I Publish to the Service and then configure the "Schedule Refresh" and it works fine. But when I try to "Refresh Now" it fails:

Can't refresh your data
The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please check the credentials for all the data sources.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Why it works the Authentication in the "Schedule Refresh" but fails in "Refresh Now"? Any Ideia?

6 REPLIES 6
Jeff_973
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. I am using an Azure SQL Database and receiving and "Invalid Credential" message when trying to manually start a refresh. I can confirm that the Schedule Refresh are still working. 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

>>The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid

Based on error message, it seems like credentials which used in refresh now has been dropped.

I'd like to suggest you to check your credentials and confirm if it works.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I understand the error but the credentials are correct because the "Schedule Refresh" works and after the credentials it works too, and it's all integrated in the O365 of my company.

I don't understand is the why the credentials fails only in the "Refresh Now"...

HI @Anonymous,

Have you try to re-input your credentials? Your cache credentials may dropped due to some reasons.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've already done that, when I update de credentials the "PowerBI Test" does the Refresh and it Works just like the Schedule, but when I force the "Refresh" it fails.

HI @Anonymous,

Not so sure why manually refresh not works, it still works on my side. Maybe you can try to submit a support ticket with operation trace log.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Fiddler Trace

Fiddler is a free tool from Telerik that monitors HTTP traffic. You can see the back and forth with the Power BI service from the client machine. This may show errors and other related information.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors