Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

beigewell

Importing Visuals to PowerBI in a SharePoint List

When using the PowerBI in the integrate menu of a SharePoint List is there any way to import a visual? If you click Get More Visuals it seems to do nothing, I get no response for import either. I am not sure if it is a limitation or just doesn't work?

Create a report quickly from a SharePoint list or library in the Power BI service - Power BI | Micro...

2 REPLIES 2
beigewell

no sorry this isn't in Power BI Service, this is accessing Power BI Service from the SharePoint List, through the

Integrate menu. 

• The reports and datasets created through this SharePoint experience are stored in special, system-generated workspaces hosted in shared capacity. Users aren't meant to access these workspaces outside of the SharePoint experience.

Create a report quickly from a SharePoint list or library in the Power BI service - Power BI | Micro...

Whilst I can see the import visuals button I cant seem to get it to work and wondering if this is also a limitation.

Screenshot 2023-06-13 193008.png

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @beigewell ,

Power BI allows you to connect to SharePoint lists and libraries to create reports and dashboards. You can use the SharePoint connector in Power BI to establish a connection with your SharePoint site and import data from your lists and libraries. Once you have imported the data, you can create visuals and reports using the Power BI service.

As for importing visuals, Power BI provides a marketplace where you can download and import custom visuals created by other users. To import a visual, you need to download the visual file from the marketplace and import it into your report. You can do this by selecting the ellipsis (...) in the Visualizations pane, selecting "Import from marketplace", and then selecting the downloaded visual file.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors