Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to export the published power BI report using python

Hi,

I am new to power BI. I want to access the published(online) power BI report(It is one of the pages of a dashboard) using python and to extract the data to excel by changing the filter dynamically. At present I am doing this as manual task, export the data by changing the filters manually. I want to do the same using python(changing the filter dynamically and export data to excel).

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
MallikarjunaBan
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for writing this. My requirement is to export a Power BI visual content into a excel  file with 1.5 million records on average per day and save it in my local drive. Is there a way to do this as well.  specific for a table visual i need . i qlik view i could export 1million easily from table visual and need the same in power bi service .i tried using paginated report but it chokde all the memory and after 3 hrs no output as i have 42 columns in output but i could export for 5 columns only in paginated reports

AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi! @Anonymous 

Please try this.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Schedule-Automated-Data-Exports-from-Power-BI-using-a-simple-R/ba-p/1606313

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your reply, the post that you shared is for the desktop, but I need to do for the published report, which I was not developed locally(someone else did it in their local and published) and I need to extract data from it..

Thanks

Sathiya Beegam

Hi! @Anonymous 

As far as I'm aware Python is not supported on Power BI service. So, you might have to create a code in Phython itself to connect to Power BI service and export the data.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

If I can add python steps I don't need to export data in that way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors