Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LaineyJB
Advocate II
Advocate II

Google Analytics connector - refresh error in service

We have 3 reports that use the Power BI Google Analytics connector, and for the past few days they have been failing to refresh on the service. I am able to manually refresh the reports in Desktop without changing anything.

The error we're receiving is as follows:
The field 'errors' of the record wasn't found.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.

Sometimes there is a table name listed at the end, but it isn't the same one with each refresh. There are no fields called "errors" in any of the datasets. I know that the documentation on the connector says issues may arise when the Google Analytics API changes, but it doesn't look like the API has changed in a while. Has anyone else run into this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LaineyJB
Advocate II
Advocate II

As of 3pm Central, it appears that this issue has been resolved. Support had me refresh our reports and they all completed successfully. If you've tried refreshing since then and are still getting the error, I'd suggest submitting a separate ticket.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
QueryWhiz
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @LaineyJB  As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supemetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper and I've never had this kind of issues compared to when using the GA connector which gave me problems sometimes. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the GA connector in the data sources list:

GA-1.png

After that, just grant access to your GA account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your GA fields:

GA-2.png

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are getting this error since this morning. I know this topic has some time but I'm wondering, the issue resolved itself? Or did you do something to solve it? Thanks!!

This ended up being a Microsoft Power BI service issue. So, no one had to do anything - it was just fixed eventually. We haven't seen any errors on our end today.

LaineyJB
Advocate II
Advocate II

As of 3pm Central, it appears that this issue has been resolved. Support had me refresh our reports and they all completed successfully. If you've tried refreshing since then and are still getting the error, I'd suggest submitting a separate ticket.

danxshap
Helper I
Helper I

We're running into the same exact problem — it started on October 8th.

I opened a support ticket and highlighted this thread.

LaineyJB
Advocate II
Advocate II

As an update to anyone following this thread, I've submitted a ticket to support and they have their product team working on a solution. No ETA but they are aware of the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are also experiencing this issue - error indicates that either 'errors' or 'dimensions' fields couldnt be read by the IDataReader.

Refresh details look like this:

Something went wrong

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Hide details
Data source errorThe field 'errors' of the record wasn't found.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.
Cluster [DEACTED]
Activity [DEACTED]
Request [DEACTED]
Time2021-10-12 05:27:43Z
TorbenL
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same here. It works fine in the desktop, but we are hitting the exact same error for multiple reports in the service. All of them make use of the build in Power BI GA connector.

Best,

Torben

emuller
Frequent Visitor

I am also getting this error and can not find any reason for it. It also started Sunday October 10 2021. Refresh works just fine on desktop

arythedj
Helper I
Helper I

I am getting the same error since Sunday 10th Oct 2021.
Refresh is fine in Power BI Desktop.

wmayr
Regular Visitor

We are running into this issue as well. Works fine on Desktop but nothing in the service.

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @LaineyJB 

Yes, it's not just you. I'm getting this same error on refreshing Google Analytics since yesterday, and know others who also have it. I don't have a fix (yet - I'm looking at it) but thought you should know that it seems more widespread than just your problem.

Hope this helps

Stuart

I'm encountering the same issue.

Connector: Google Analytics

Error: "The field 'errors' of the record wasn't found.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action."

First Encountered: 10/10/2021, 6:31:07 AM Pacific Time

I am also experiencing this issue as well. Works fine on Desktop but nothing in the service.

Thanks for the reply, looks like there's quite a few others with this issue too. Have you submitted a ticket for this? We can go ahead and submit one if not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are also experiencing the same Google Analytics error messages in the Power BI Service. This is impacting production reports and so, I will submit a ticket for this issue today.

Hi @LaineyJB 

Go ahead and raise a ticket. I thought it was working this morning, but it seems to have stopped working again. Its not an issue for me, just an interest, so if you need it looked at quickly a ticket may help.

Burningsuit_0-1634045090754.png

Thanks

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors