Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Caesarul
Helper II
Helper II

Get Report properties automatically from a Workspace into a Sharepoint Communication Site

Hello everyone, 

I haven't found anything related to this: 

I'm new to Sharepoint Communication Sites, but I want to build something for my team to share their work with our stakeholders. 

We have about 25-30 Reports in a Workspace and I want to build a page in Sharepoint Communication Sites to display the entire portfolio to our stakeholders (as sometimes they are not aware of what we have available). I saw that you could embed a Power BI report to a SharePoint Site, but I don't want to embed all 25-30 Reports to a page, not sure it helps.

Instead, I thought of a list... just like the list from the Workspace, where you get the name of the report, the last refreshed, maybe a description, etc. 

And if this can be done automatically, that would be wonderful, as no one should be bothered to maintain the list. 

Not sure how popular Sharepoint Sites is here, but did anyone use it to share their portfolio with the organization? What would be the best practices to do so? 

Thank you very much for your support and understanding, 

Have a lovely day, 
Ovidiu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Caesarul 

Based on your requirement provided, I think you can consider achieve the similiar requirement by creating an "Overview" page within one of your Power BI report that contains all the navigation buttons that can help redirect to all the pages that you wish to have in the Overview, once the "Overview" page is created, then you can try just embed this single page into your SharePoint site to achieve your requirement.

Regarding the navigation buttons creating guidance, you can refer to this official document link:

Create page and bookmark navigators - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1686193049480.png

Regarding the Secure embed Power BI pages into SharePoint page, you can refer to this official document link:

Embed a report in a secure portal or website - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Caesarul 

Based on your requirement provided, I think you can consider achieve the similiar requirement by creating an "Overview" page within one of your Power BI report that contains all the navigation buttons that can help redirect to all the pages that you wish to have in the Overview, once the "Overview" page is created, then you can try just embed this single page into your SharePoint site to achieve your requirement.

Regarding the navigation buttons creating guidance, you can refer to this official document link:

Create page and bookmark navigators - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1686193049480.png

Regarding the Secure embed Power BI pages into SharePoint page, you can refer to this official document link:

Embed a report in a secure portal or website - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors