Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kaviraj11
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Fabric Workspace Settings - PowerBINotAuthorizedException

There's no issues to the workspace but we see the pop up as below:

Kaviraj11_0-1713376090540.png

Any one encountered this?@workspace

7 REPLIES 7
BenHickmanNHS
Regular Visitor

Yes we see this as well, as you say doesn't seem to be causing any obvious issues

v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kaviraj11 ,

Can you provide some detailed information such as when did this popup start appearing and did you do anything else before the popup appeared?
How is the appearance of the popup currently affecting your workspace and can you provide detailed error information. Detailed information can help us better understand and solve the problem you are experiencing.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

In our case, we used to have an individual users as an Admin assigned to the workspace access. However, when we combined all the users into a security group and use that as Admin then we started seeing it. If we add back one individual users as admin, the error goes away. The error that is coming up currently doesn't impact anything at the moment. 

All of our workspaces currently have a combination of user and group admins, but I see the error in any workspace where my access is coming from a security group. If I am an individual admin in the workspace, it does not show up. As an additional note, the error shows up despite the workspace being assigned a Fabric Capacity and my account having a Premium Per User license for Power BI.

As others have noted, there is no other text/info beyond "PowerBINotAuthorizedException," and no functionality seems to be affected.

Oh, that is interesting.  We have always used a security group to assign admin rights.

For us, I noticed this happening about a month ago.  It is easy to reproduce.  Navigate to a workspace (it can be in shared on premium capacity, doesn't seem to matter), select Workspace settings and the error shows just as posted.  There are no additional details associated with the error, just the x to make the message go away.  It doesn't seem to impact anything that I can tell.  We do not have anything special setup for the workspace, like git integration, azure connections, etc.

Maybe @Kaviraj11 can provide more in their experience.

blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

We are seeing this as well.  Curious to know as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors