Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ROG
Resolver III
Resolver III

Expression.Error: We cannot convert the value <ccon>null to type Text.. </ccon>.

Hey all,

Can you please let me know what issue is that?

I can't see any error in PowerQuery on the pbix file.

ROG_0-1670322053307.png

Many thanks in advance,

Renata

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You can try refreshing the power bi desktop file in order to find the table with the issue. DataTypes usually can skip issues when refreshing a pbix but not on service. At some point there is a value in a column in a table that can't be converted. Check if you can find the table. Then go step by step on that table looking for a change of type to text. That step might be falling. Check the data to understand the value. Then you might need to take a decision on how to proceed depending on the data and your objective.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You can try refreshing the power bi desktop file in order to find the table with the issue. DataTypes usually can skip issues when refreshing a pbix but not on service. At some point there is a value in a column in a table that can't be converted. Check if you can find the table. Then go step by step on that table looking for a change of type to text. That step might be falling. Check the data to understand the value. Then you might need to take a decision on how to proceed depending on the data and your objective.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

I managed to find the table, and saw there was some new values added to the file, which I delete them and save the file. After that I was able to refresh the dataset in the service. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors