Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

billzhang1123
Helper II
Helper II

Enable custom visuals warning

Is it possible to surpress Enable custom visuals warning when I open a report? For some existing reports I know the custom visualsare safe to use. I dont want to see warnings anymore.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
leonardmurphy
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Perhaps submit it as an idea here: https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi

It's a small thing, but I agree that it doesn't look as nice when the custom visuals don't show.

---
In Wisconsin? Join the Madison Power BI User Group.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
leonardmurphy
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Perhaps submit it as an idea here: https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi

It's a small thing, but I agree that it doesn't look as nice when the custom visuals don't show.

---

We cannot have business users accepting the custom visual everytime they open a dashboard.  We defintely need a way to 'accept' for good.

I agree it's annoying and should have some sort of a "save for good" option (though envisioning how it would work to save it as a "per user configuration" seems not that simple). Add to this that even when you remove all trace of custom visuals the warning STILL appears and there's no way to remove it! Smiley Sad

I really think what should happen is that Microsoft should do the basic safety checking on the custom visuals before they are uploaded to the gallery, it doesn't seem like that much work at all and in fact custom visuals ALREADY go through a review process by MS (so I wonder what that entails). Don't test them, all right, but simply assure they are safe... doesn't seem like too much to ask given most don't have that much code!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another issue with this is that I decided to remove the custom visual becuase it was worrying users, but the warning remains after it has been removed.  That's even more annoying.

How did you remove the custom visual from the gallery for your app? I have not found that to be an intuitive thing to do.

Side note: On Twitter over the weekend, Amir said this warning would be going away:

https://twitter.com/AmirNetz/status/663072786936500224

"Relief is on the way Arthur. We are working on a solution that will eliminate the warning completely. In a couple of weeks..."

---

That is good news. It was the 1st time I clicked the new 'Like' button on Twitter since it replaced the 'favorite'  Smiley Happy

Still seems to be lingering.... 

Will probably come out in the next update in a few weeks - they must not have been able to fit it into the last update so its still there.

Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

The december update for PBI desktop will definitely take a while. I would suppose that we will soon see it for the Web Service, as the product manager (Lukasz, Will?) has already responded to it. 😉

Is this warning removal fix implemented? I still see the warning and my users are agitated with it.

In my experience, this has been fixed, so that you only have to accept the warning once.

I have removed all custom visuals for now as this "fix" is still not working for me. I have tried multiple browsers but it seems to linger. I have submitted a tick and 'Brad Spieker-Doyle' was assisting me but I have not heard from him since Feb 2. His last reply was that he would be filing a 'bug' for the issue but I have had no further contact from him. I sent another email yesterday requesting a follow up. I will post here when I hear back from him.

In my situation, I use Mozilla for daily use. I have selected enable custom visuals in both IE and Chrome but the warning returns once the browser is closed. My report users access through different browsers as well and they were enabling custom visuals each time they visited the report. I will not be re-adding the visuals until this is corrected as the reports are for the leadership team.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

@kcantor, see this thread for a way to purge the custom visuals from a .pbix. Only partial solution, but hopefully alleviates some frustration presently.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

My test visual has maintained it enabled status. I may have to list this as solved on my machine.

EDIT: The enable visual is finally gone but the visual itself is no longer working.

I am using the scrolling ticker tape visual.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

@billzhang1123 My guess is that it is a "cya" thing because they are essentially 3rd party visuals that are continuing to be used in the service. So even though you do vet them, or know they are safe, if you share the visual the end user would still need to accept...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

what about no more warning after being accepted once until a change is made to the custom vistuals?

It's quite annoying to see error in the visuals and warning on the top at the intial display.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors