Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ctedesco3307
Resolver II
Resolver II

Enable Schedule Refresh

Hi All! I'm looking for a way to automatially refresh my data sets.... I see this in PBI Service but it is disabled, for me.  I am the Admin. How do I enable it? Saw some posts about installing Gateway ... was not clear if I had to do that to enable this. Any other options for refreshing data please share -- thanks in advance 

ctedesco3307_0-1638814536198.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nitishsh91
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

You will have to add your data sources to gateway first and then you will be able to schedule refresh report.

If you want to schedule an adhoc refresh at a time interval of less than 30 mins then you can do it via powerbi api/power automate too but there will be number of calls restrictions in a day.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nitishsh91
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

You will have to add your data sources to gateway first and then you will be able to schedule refresh report.

If you want to schedule an adhoc refresh at a time interval of less than 30 mins then you can do it via powerbi api/power automate too but there will be number of calls restrictions in a day.

Hi @nitishsh91 - thank you for the clarification - I'll look into this

ctedesco3307
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Chemiefrik  - yeah - that was part of my orig question - I wasn't clear on if I had to go through a whole gateway set up for this. Looks like I do... seems alot for an auto refresh - but I'll set it up and see what I get. Thx for the quick response!

Chemiefrik
Frequent Visitor

Have you added datasource to the gateway. Please share a screenshot under the point "Gateway connection".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors