Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Email subscription

Is it possible to send a report to a dynamic list of email and also send only the data that belongs to the email? What i'm trying to do is to send data through email to teams that has non compliant records. Also, the report details should only contains records that belongs to that team.

Sample Data

Incident NumberAssignment TeamAssignment Team Email
INC1Team1team1@email.com
INC2Team2team2@email.com
INC3Team3team3@email.com

In the sample data above, Team1 should only receive a report that contains only INC1 cause that is the only record that belongs to them. So the same case with the other teams, Team2 only receives INC2 and Team3 only receives INC3.

Is this possible on maybe using PowerBI/Paginated reports/Power automate? Hopefully someone give me idea on how to achieve this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 REPLIES 4
Shreenath1995

Hello everyone,

I have tried sending dynamic subscriptions for my paginated report and have encountered the following issues:
please help me with this.

1) Single code selection for Multiple mail ids
 I am unable to send the same code to multiple email addresses. Due to the limitation of 50 rows, I need to add more rows since I need to send subscriptions for almost 1200 selections to 1200 different email addresses. Can anyone help me with this?
I attempted to add these email addresses in a single cell under the Mail_Id column, but it didn't work: abc@xyz.com; bcd@xyz.com; gdf@xyz.com.

2) Not sending Subscription to few mail IDs
When sending subscriptions to multiple email addresses, suppose I have 10 codes for 10 different email addresses, but the subscription is only being sent to 4-5 of the email addresses and not the remaining ones. This seems unusual to me, and I haven't found a solution after searching. Please help me with this issue as well.

I have referred to the following table for the same

UserMail_IdCodesGroup name
abcabc@xyz.comabc01IN1
bcdbcd@xyz.combcd01IN2
gdfgdf@xyz.comgdf03IN3

KiranHosakote
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can automate the PDF generation and emailing (user- specific, with slicers and filters applied) using BI Helper https://bihelper.tech. You only need one Power BI Pro license and there is no restriction on your users being outside your domain (vendors, clients). See this tutorial for more details. https://medium.com/bi-helper/automated-distribution-of-power-bi-reports-and-dashboards-25fde6c68af0.

For dynamic selection of slicers and filters at runtime, take a look at this option with Power Automate + Power BI Pro, which uses a different Flow. https://medium.com/bi-helper/burst-your-power-bi-reports-838ab593f7bc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Found an article that suits the scenario im trying to do. Here is the link: https://eriksvensen.wordpress.com/2020/09/29/setup-data-driven-report-subscriptions-for-powerbi-pagi...

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Dynamic subscription e-mail list, you can look into power automate. Unfortunately, I am not very familar with it , I suggest you open a thread in power automate forumn. 

>>Also, the report details should only contains records that belongs to that team.

You can try to use dynamic rls . But  for paginated and Power BI report email subscriptions, if the dataset uses row-level security (RLS), you can create subscriptions for yourself and others. Those subscriptions will run using your security context. so I suggest you publish another Power BI report that contains a hyperlink to the main Power BI report. then you can subscriber users to the report that contains the hyperlink, the users click on the link which takes them to the main Power BI report to which the RLS then applies.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors