Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate data after database password reset

Hello Community,

Problem:

The problem is I am facing an issue with my cash balance report as I see my balances with the double value as they should be.

Situation Overview:

Let me give you an overview of the situation. I created a report that shows the cash balances of our companies over time (weekly update). I have a table that shows the bank name and balances broken down by currency, and a filter which the user can choose which date period of balance status he wants to see (i.e. If he wants to see the latest balance status he chooses the last update (e.g. 09.05.3018), in other case if he wants to see any previous date of past balances status he can easily choose any past date from the filter (e.g. I f he wants to see last week's balance status he would choose 02.05.2018)).

The report was working fine until the time we reset the password of the database connection (the dashboard is connected with SQL Server). Since that day, in the final date status the balances are all the double amount as they really are, while on any other previous dates the balances are correct.

Can you please give me some explanation why this happens and how we can resolve this issue? Also, I am not sure if this issue is somehow correlated with the Database connection password reset or not.

Many thanks for your time and looking forward for your response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

1. Please check if the data source (the SQL Server DB) has the right data.

2. Please check if the data is doubled in the Data view. (the Data Pane).

3. How did you find out the amount was doubled?

4. Can you share the file? I guess you can't.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

1. Please check if the data source (the SQL Server DB) has the right data.

2. Please check if the data is doubled in the Data view. (the Data Pane).

3. How did you find out the amount was doubled?

4. Can you share the file? I guess you can't.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks Dale,

Very good checklist. I spoke with the database admin and sort the issue from the DB. It seems that the issue was coming from the database.

Many thanks for the support. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors