When we try to deploy from our dev workspace to our test workspace, we get the error "One or more items failed to deploy because it will result in a two way dependency between items."
Even when clearning the test workspace or attaching a new workspace as the test workspace, we still get the error. We've even tried completely remaking the pipeline, but no success. This happens no matter what we try to deploy, even if it's just a single empty report with a single manually entered number in the dataset, so to me it doesn't seem like it could be any of the contents.
I'd rather not recreate everything we've built in the development workspace in a new workspace. Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone know a potential cause/fix?
I was able to resolve this problem for my team. I decided to recreate the model I was deploying all together. Since I use Tabular Editor 2, I can simply drag and paste measures over to the new model. This is where I think I encountered the culprit. One of my older measure objects was not a high enough compatibility level to be transferred over to the new model. So I think it comes down to how old your tabular object model is and if any of the measure objects in it are of a high enough compatibility to be "copied' into the target workspace.
I'm not sure what "artifact" is referring to in the error message but I wish the Microsoft Power BI team would give a less vague answer to help resolve this easier. Obviously, recreating the model is not a preferred solution, and it would have been simpler if the error message just told me that one of my measures was old if that was the case for my problem.
Hope this helps!
I'm also using datamarts. DataMarts are in preview, so I'm thinking that these are breaking the pipeline. Have you tried deleting your datamarts?
I am also using Datamarts, but it does say in the documentation that Datamarts are supported and I had previously been able to deploy them prior to getting this issue.
The problem is that the Datamart is the thing I am looking to make changes to and deploy most often, so having to delete these wouldn't solve my issues.
It's a major issue for me as well. I've even gone so far as to delete the objects in my Test workspace, and to completely replace two of the three objects I'm trying to push (two datamarts and a dataflow).
I'm also having the same problem. I've been able to deploy between development and test before, but now I'm unable to deploy a simple custom date table from a dataflow. I'd love to know how to fix this too!
Here is my error with ID's: