Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Source Credentials issue

Hi Power BI Team,
I have replace my Data source from Excel file to SharePoint url for Schedule refresh, but its still giving me "Data Source Credentials" issue
dawoodrana99_0-1669041232249.jpeg

When I went to Edit credentials, its show AOuth authentication error.
dawoodrana99_1-1669041232251.jpeg

Kindly guide me what steps should I take to resolve this issue.

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please check What browser you use, if you use the Edge, you can have a try to change to the Chrome.

Or, because of your Data source is from Excel file to SharePoint url for Schedule refresh, you need to format the url.

powerbi - How to fix the message The OAuth authentication method isn't supported for this data source in Power BI? - Stack Overflow

Loading Excel Files from Sharepoint - (powerbi.tips)

You can check these documentations and follow the steps.

Or, there is an easy way to format: If your url have “x/r/”,  you have to strip out the :x/r/ from the middle of the URL and the question mark and everything after from the end and then it'll work.

Hope these help you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please check What browser you use, if you use the Edge, you can have a try to change to the Chrome.

Or, because of your Data source is from Excel file to SharePoint url for Schedule refresh, you need to format the url.

powerbi - How to fix the message The OAuth authentication method isn't supported for this data source in Power BI? - Stack Overflow

Loading Excel Files from Sharepoint - (powerbi.tips)

You can check these documentations and follow the steps.

Or, there is an easy way to format: If your url have “x/r/”,  you have to strip out the :x/r/ from the middle of the URL and the question mark and everything after from the end and then it'll work.

Hope these help you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

If you can open it on sharepoint using the same credential, you should be to authenticate it in Power BI service. This is a doozy.

Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi!
Can you confirm if you are using the latest Power BI desktop? Open up Power BI Desktop and look at the bottom right corner. If it says "UPDATE AVAILABLE", please install and republish using the updated PBI Desktop.

Tutu_in_YYC_2-1669066886960.png

If it still doesnt work, try this:

Power BI Desktop and enable Options -> Security -> Authentication Browser -> “Use my default web browser”

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Tutu_in_YYC ,

I have no Power BI updates availabe. It is the latest version.

For second part, I did change the settings and this notification popout;

dawoodrana99_0-1669068778598.png

After those changes, can you republish to the workspace and test the credential again?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes
And it is giving me the same error 😞

hmm... thats odd. 

does your sharepoint url ends with ".xlsx" ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes.

Oh man.. Im out of ideas  😕

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's completely fine 🙂

Thanks for your ideas

I will contact my IT support team about that

Good luck! Let us know if you found the solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors