Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Gateway Error

My data gateway (personal mode) has worked in connecting to report in web service but now getting the below error. I have reinstalled several times, restarted the gateway, etc. and still getting the same error:

Activity ID: eeffdd69-e77a-429c-9838-5617defc1d63
Request ID: 3da93fac-58ba-f5aa-b07d-2d727310ac93
Correlation ID: e6971ecd-e1fb-a2bd-5539-25dea0269ab8
Status code: 400
Time: Tue Feb 02 2021 12:11:09 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Service version: 13.0.15302.46
Client version: 2101.4.04609-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-south-central-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

10 REPLIES 10
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@Anonymous ,

Based on the discussion above, you have identified a number of gateway-related issues.

I see you mentioned that your data gateway (personal mode) has worked in connecting to report in web service.I need to reconfirm with you if there is any other data source in this report.

When you have combined Web and on premise data sources, it would be best to refresh them using the standard mode gateway.

Then select the feature bellow when you configure your data source credentials.

Screenshot 2021-02-09 131522.png

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, in the past the personal gateway has worked and connected to multiple data sources. 

I have tried to use the standard gateway, and although I can set up a cloud data source I cannot connect to my local files or organizational files stored on OneDrive/SharePoint. Neither my Windows login nor OAuth2 authentication are accepted.

Watsky
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Anonymous has it ever worked for you?  If not I'm wondering if it's an issue with your firewall. See if you have port forwarding enabled for the ports used. The gateway uses outbound ports: TCP 443, 5671, 5672, and from 9350 through 9354. You can test this by opening the Gateway app and going to diagnostics and running the Network Test. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-communication#network-ports-test

gateway-start-new-test.png

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up! ?
Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!
Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was running with no issues until recently. I've run the network test and again now, always run successfully. Within the dataset settings in the web service the gateway status is that it's running, however when I try to apply it immediately errors with this status.

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you have the latest gateway installed?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I do have the latest gateway installed, and have re-installed the gaeway several times recently.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

The 400 error to me would indicate the website you are connecting to is having issues.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

What would the steps be to fix the issue? The connection is to the data gateway which connects to certain files, not a website. I've tested the gateway connection and no errors but when I try to apply the gateway for the report in the PowerBi web service I receive the error.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

You must have a credentials connection problem! did you try to refresh your report in Power Bi desktop?

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've refreshed all data sources within Power BI desktop, checked the source settings for each and don't run into any issues. Only when I try to apply the gateway in web service it instantly returns that error message.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors