Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tegrus-coutinho
Frequent Visitor

[Data Fabric] Dataflow Gen2 Error: Unable to Retrieve Data from Oracle for Large Date Range

Hello everyone,

I'm running some tests with Data Fabric to retrieve data from Oracle and send it to the Lakehouse. I subscribed to the F2 license for testing purposes.
Essentially, I create a Dataflow Gen2 pipeline to fetch a sales table from Oracle. This table has 200 million records and is over 120GB in size.
In my pipeline, when I set a filter to retrieve only 1 day of data from the table, the pipeline works fine. However, when I increase the filter to retrieve 1 month of data, it throws an error.
The errors I receive are:

- There was a problem refreshing the dataflow. Please review the error message(s) below, fix the problem, and try again. (Request ID: d4f7561f-b5ad-4fe1-a3ac-4ed534a59292).
-Error Code: Challenge Error, Error Details: Data source credentials are missing or invalid. Please update the connection credentials in settings, and try again. (Request ID: d4f7561f-b5ad-4fe1-a3ac-4ed534a59292).
The gateway I'm using is the On-premises data gateway version 3000.178.9 (June/23).

error.png

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

F2 is likely (far) too small for that size of data. Back in the pre-Fabric days (ie the present) you would need a P4 SKU (at least).

It might be that your Oracle source has its own timeout enforcement.

I upgraded to an F16 license and tested a 6GB table with 17 million rows, but I received the same error.

Note: I updated the gateway to the latest version (3000.182.4).

fabric_error.png

In the legacy days that size would require at least a P1 (F64)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors