Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

saguado
Frequent Visitor

DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials

Hi,

A couple times per week I'm receiving a notifier email due to a failed refresh on my dataset connected to Power BI on premises gateway. Don't know what the reason but the server is online and every appears to be ok. My dataset refresh every 3 hours an only fails couple times per week but I would like to know how to solve this issue. Thanks in advance for your support.

This is the message:

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.

Refresh failed:

LXC (master 2021) has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Las credenciales proporcionadas para el origen SQL no son válidas. (Origen en 192.168.0.4\\protecnus;PROTECNUS.)"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SQL"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"192.168.0.4\\PROTECNUS;PROTECNUS"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[{\"kind\":\"SQL\",\"path\":\"192.168.0.4\\\\PROTECNUS;PROTECNUS\"}]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}

Next refresh for LXC (master 2021) is scheduled for June 13, 2022 22:00 UTC.

Activity Id:

06952979-8d4f-4bee-b2e9-6d7353410002

Request Id:

dafab747-a278-446c-b3d9-355db459f02c

Cluster Name:

WABI-WEST-EUROPE-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time:

June 13, 2022 19:00 UTC

Refresh End Time:

June 13, 2022 19:04 UTC

4 REPLIES 4
anshul_dobhal

Hi @saguado 
I was also facing the same issue, I found out it is due to the gateway access, when you are mapping the gateway please check for your credentials if they are correct or if you have access to those.
should be fixed by that.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saguado 

You can try the following methods:

A.Download the latest version of Power bi Desktop and republish to Power bi services.

B.Remove the broken reports from the Online service and re-add them.

1 - Open the report(s) in PBI Desktop and clear the cache (file...options and settings... options).

2 - Refresh the data in the desktop and save.

3 - Open PBI Online and remove the associated dataset(s). Note - you'll need to remove the reports from any content packs before you can remove the reports and data from the online service. Also you might want to make a note of the (failed) refresh schedule you had before doing this so you can recreate it exactly.

4 - Hop back to PBI Desktop and publish the report from PBI Desktop to Online.

5 - Hop back to PBI Online and set the refresh schedule back up.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I followed your instructions. The refresh looks to work better now, but time to time, I'm getting this error message. I don't know what is this IDataReader interface message, so, any instructions will help.

S.

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.

Refresh failed:

LXC (master 2022) has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

The operation is timed out.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.

Next refresh for LXC (master 2022) is scheduled for June 19, 2022 16:00 UTC.

Technical Information

Activity Id:

c0c23e05-97f5-4c41-898a-a9da5e5c9daa

Request Id:

3408412e-4ed2-43b0-afe0-74c120c8966c

Cluster Name:

WABI-WEST-EUROPE-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time:

June 19, 2022 13:06 UTC

Refresh End Time:

June 19, 2022 13:28 UTC

If reports are working fine on desktop, I see no need to remove reports and datasets from PBI (Power Bi Service) service. Instead just go to  PBI and update dataset credentials to data gateway by: clicking "..." for the dataset in your workspace->choose settings from pop menu-> Gateway and cloud connections. It should show status as online if the credentials are good but if not (which is what the error is about in the post), update by clicking "settings" icon in Actions window -> under connections tab, click "..." ->settings->update credntials/Authentication and save. The gateway connection should function normally if authentication is correct. The refresh error should go away.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors