Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SELECTDBA
Advocate I
Advocate I

Communication Around Rolling Upgrades for Classic Workspaces

Hello.  This question is geared towards a Microsoft employee regarding this blog post: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/updated-timeline-for-upgrading-classic-workspaces/.  We're really happy this is being done, but I wanted to ask how the communication will work around the upgrades.  Today if we were to upgrade the Workspace an email would be sent to all of the group owners.  When Microsoft does the rolling upgrade, will that email still be sent out?  Similarily for the empty Workspaces that are deleted will there be any notification sent out?  Thanks in advance.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Next option to schedule upgrade, is about managing the communication email, if it is disabled that means all workspace Admin will received email about upgrade

arvindsingh802_0-1649184441289.png

For empty workspace as there is no Admin no communication will be sent out.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Next option to schedule upgrade, is about managing the communication email, if it is disabled that means all workspace Admin will received email about upgrade

arvindsingh802_0-1649184441289.png

For empty workspace as there is no Admin no communication will be sent out.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors