Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

miloooooz
Employee
Employee

Cannot load model

I got this error when I try to open the report I published to PBI service. At the very beginning I thought it was me not connect my database to service, but the error still exists after I setup the data source credential. I have no idea what is going on. Any help would be appreciated.

Underlying Error: PowerBI service client received error HTTP response. HttpStatus: 400. PowerBIErrorCode: QueryUserError
QueryUserError: Login failed for user '<token-identified principal>'.. The exception was raised by the IDbConnection interface.
Correlation ID: a965fed1-a08d-052f-ce16-332c54684790
Activity ID: bc55f587-63e2-4bc7-a8f0-60c025bb57cb
Request ID: a9cdf434-5a41-f8b3-3eec-c892b46e6178
Time: Sun Sep 26 2021 15:15:17 GMT+0800 (China Standard Time)
Service version: 13.0.16890.50
Client version: 2109.4.07853-train
Cluster URI: https://df-msit-scus-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Indeed you need a gateway, On premises Gateway. Or use that personal Gateway installed in your Laptop. But if the source is not in your Laptop then you need a to install an On-Prem Gateway

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@miloooooz : I would re-publish the report and try again. In the past, I had similar issues resolved by re-publishing.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution, Give Kudos to motivate the contributors.

I tried and it still doesn't work, really weird.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @miloooooz 

Can you refresh the report in your desktop? What type of source is it? Does it need a Gateway?

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

1. Yes I can refresh the report from the desktop.

2. The visual that cannot display uses SQL server as data source, I added the data source into the gateway, but the dataset setting says the gateway is not cofigured correctly. But do I really need a gateway to display my current report? I thought gateway is necessary only if I need to refresh the report. Anyways, I added the SQL server database into the gateway, but it shows like below. I don't know if it is the problem of gateway.

miloooooz_1-1632666290981.png

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Indeed you need a gateway, On premises Gateway. Or use that personal Gateway installed in your Laptop. But if the source is not in your Laptop then you need a to install an On-Prem Gateway

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Problem solved, need to set database credential or add source to the gateway and wait for it. Thank you very much for your answer.

I do have the gatway mapping to the SQL server data source, now I think the problem is the mapping for my local file for other visuals within the same report. I don't know why but the gateway gives 400 error when I tried to add local file to the data source.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors