Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bamak
Helper V
Helper V

BIgQuery Account Permissions

Hi

I'm  struggling  with  my PBI Data analysts using GCP bigquery projects dataset , regarding data quality & warnings 

Since april 21 BQ native connector needs :

Bamak_0-1631268811581.png

• Bud  I don't  have access to GCP IAM (console)  to check
  • And  with large tables , result is "empty/no rows"  
  • And there are no warnings / popups if at least one the 3 authorizations is missing  <-- an issue for me , as I consider PBI as the "tower control" for data quality  (every problem is monitored even API doesn't send message)  
  • I'm crying ....

Please , on which logs  ( power bi log  ,  simba odbc bq (the subcontractor & his techno) etc..  )   can I  get the proof  for my far away  BQ service , one of the 3 rights is missing   ?  

Thanks a lot and best regards

Bamak

4 REPLIES 4
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Bamak 

If you can’t get the data, it’s a permission problem with the data source. You need to ask the administrator to grant you some permissions for BigQuery.

vjaneygmsft_0-1631611856549.png

Reference:

Predefined roles and permissions  |  BigQuery  |  Google Cloud

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

Hi -Janey

Thanks I read the doc several time

But with what kind of nighmare please , these permissions missing are not monitored on power bi deskop ?

Why no  provide a pre check control   as power bi must be the tower control of data quality 

- no warning 

- no popup

- nothings in the logs 

How to warn PBI developper ? 

Best regards

Hi, @Christophe93 

There are many data sources that powerbi can connect to, and every situation is not necessarily the same. In any case, powerbi doesn't have the right to see what kind of permission you have on the source data. This is also the security policy of powerbi. 

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

Christophe93
Helper II
Helper II

Hi

Same problem on my side ... "silent" bad integration if permissions are missing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors