Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vwithers
Frequent Visitor

Auto-Expanded Sections in Apps

Hi all,

I am wondering whether or not there is a current feature in the Power BI service that allows an app creator to auto-expand the different sections within the app without making the user have to click the little arrow to see all of the reports within a section. Perhaps this is already a feature that I missed, but if someone could guide me to an answer I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,

Vik

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vwithers ,

I believe you are asking if there is a way to auto-expand the different sections within the app in Power BI without making the user have to click the little arrow to see all of the reports within a section. It seems that there is no direct way to auto-expand the different sections within the app in Power BI. However, you can try using a Card or a Multi-Card visual with dynamic values.

Option to Collapse ALL report sections at launch when publishing an APP 

Solved: How to apply breaks and sections in Power BI (Simi... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Using Autoscale with Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If I have misunderestood your meaning, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-rongtiep-msft,

I believe you are saying that there is no solution to this, but I thought it'd be a good idea to just double-check with you. You are correct; and you have exactly described what I want. But for clarification, I attached an image to describe more details for you. 

Auto Expanded Section in Apps Example.PNGAuto Expanded Section in Apps Desire.PNG

The first picture here shows what I currently have and depicts which arrow I want to be expanded, without the user clicking it. The next one shows what I want, in other words, for the arrow to be automatically expanded. If you could just send a quick message to verify that this isn't a feature that would be great!

Thanks,

Vik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors