Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

vwithers
Frequent Visitor

Auto-Expanded Sections in Apps

Hi all,

I am wondering whether or not there is a current feature in the Power BI service that allows an app creator to auto-expand the different sections within the app without making the user have to click the little arrow to see all of the reports within a section. Perhaps this is already a feature that I missed, but if someone could guide me to an answer I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,

Vik

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vwithers ,

I believe you are asking if there is a way to auto-expand the different sections within the app in Power BI without making the user have to click the little arrow to see all of the reports within a section. It seems that there is no direct way to auto-expand the different sections within the app in Power BI. However, you can try using a Card or a Multi-Card visual with dynamic values.

Option to Collapse ALL report sections at launch when publishing an APP 

Solved: How to apply breaks and sections in Power BI (Simi... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Using Autoscale with Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If I have misunderestood your meaning, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-rongtiep-msft,

I believe you are saying that there is no solution to this, but I thought it'd be a good idea to just double-check with you. You are correct; and you have exactly described what I want. But for clarification, I attached an image to describe more details for you. 

Auto Expanded Section in Apps Example.PNGAuto Expanded Section in Apps Desire.PNG

The first picture here shows what I currently have and depicts which arrow I want to be expanded, without the user clicking it. The next one shows what I want, in other words, for the arrow to be automatically expanded. If you could just send a quick message to verify that this isn't a feature that would be great!

Thanks,

Vik

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Solution Authors