Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

miekajrod

Admin monitoring workspace is empty

Last week the Admin monitoring workspace was launched. If I understand correctly it enables you to see Power BI usage metrics for your entire tenant.

According to the documentation there should be a report and a dataset in this workspace.

But for me it is entirely empty.

I am PBI tenant admin, otherwise I would not be able to see the workspace, right?

My colleague who is O365 admin has the same.

I do get about one notification (top right of the page) *every day* with the same message: Admin workspace ready, New content has been added to the admin monitoring workspace. 

But there is nothing there.

Please advise?

9 REPLIES 9
miekajrod

I raised an official ticket about this at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

I got a reply stating this was a known issue and they are working on it. No ETA.

Apparently there is no public communication about this and the problem is also not here https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/troubleshoot/known-issues/power-bi-known-issues

I think that is something Microsoft can improve on.

@miekajrod are you a Power BI Service Admin? Do you have a Pro license?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today when I opened the workspace again it suddenly got populated with 2 reports and 2 datasets that were also filled with data. So, it works for me now! 

Nothing has changed in terms of my rights in our AD that I am aware of. 

miekajrod

Is this working for other people?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issues as @miekajrod 

The workspace is empty, and every time I open it, i get a message in the notification center "Admin workspace ready. New content has been added to the admin monitoring workspace". 

However, the workspace shows no content. 

mboye
Regular Visitor

I've got the same problem, Workspace is empty. 

I tried to share the workspace with non admin tenant but it's doesn't workadmin.png

miekajrod

@krishb1414 I dont understand your answer, did you understand my question? The workspace is empty while there should be objects in it.

Cedric_DUBOIS
Frequent Visitor

I've got exactly the same probem 

krishb1414
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @miekajrod  admin monitoring workspace means it is desiged to monitor the usage of your reports and dashboards for admins. It is recently launched alomg with Microsoft Fabric.

krishb1414_0-1685444907877.png

please accept it as solution if it is resolves your query.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors