Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pz68lk
Advocate I
Advocate I

Some visualizations not rendering (disappear) in Chrome for Power BI Reporting Services-based report

I have seen issues with some of the standard visualizations that are integrated with Power BI Desktop (RS) not showing up (or rendering) in Google Chrome.  Off hand, both "Slicer" and "Treemap" are missing (not rendered) when I attempt to view aPower BI Reporting Services-based report in Google Chrome (no issues with Edge or IE interestingly enough) that contains any ill-affected visualization. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same thing but specifically with donut charts when the desktop file is published to the Premium service. The legend and title show but not the actual donut with data. Using the march-18 version of the desktop and March-18 version of premium service.

Have tried the following steps to troubleshoot without success:

1. Remove legend

2. Clear browser cache

3. Format so no visuals are overlapping

I simply cannot get the donut charts to visualize in the premium service

View solution in original post

I found that clearing the browser cache in Chrome worked.  That cleared up my issue with missing visualizations.  If other users are able to view them in Chrome and the problem is isolated to a subset of users (or single user, as in my case), very likely the browser cache needs to be cleared.  Along with that, you may need to flush the cache history further back than just 24 hours, as I believe I had to do to clear things up.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me today.  I had to install FireFox to see my reports that I am developing.

emgaspbaud
Employee
Employee

Same issue. Was working perfectly until recently but now several visuals, including standard tables, not showing either in edge nor in IE

Anonymous
Not applicable

I face the above discussed issue that was reported by users too. Even using IE 11 (with cache cleared) doesn't help, and is an unresolved issue till now.

Thanks!

Nur

pz68lk
Advocate I
Advocate I

Here I am again, still with January 2020 Power BI Report server release and, not only does Chrome STILL have issues, but now the NEW Microsoft Edge (also Chrome-based) has issues with rendering Power BI data-driven visuals in the browser.  I have confirmed that it is specific to both Chrome and the new Chrome-based Microsoft Edge.  You would think that Microsoft would clue into the fact that this is a show-stopper for this browser when it comes to its usefulness as a means of viewing Power BI visuals/reports delivered with Power BI Report Services.

In our company, we now have to let users know that IE 11, which doesn't seem to have any issues, is the most reliable (default/preferred) browser for viewing Power BI reports/visuals running on Power BI Report Service.  (Hello Microsoft, are you listening?)  While I've had limited success in the past with clearing browser cache in Chrome, I'm finding this is not working always today with either Chrome or the new, Chrome-based Microsoft Edge.  I'm often greeted with elements or visuals, during load, being greeted with an unhappy face icon and/or a connection reset message.  Being an advanced user, I can deal with problems like this in my own way, but for average users this will result in their thinking the reports are broken, etc.  It is a "show-stopper" when it comes to using Microsoft Edge (or Chrome) in lieu of IE 11 for a trustworthy browser interface with Power BI Report Services.

Microsoft, needs to get off the dime and make sure their newer browser works properly with their own in-house software and data solutions.  The fact that we have to default to a legacy browser like IE11 in order to reliably view Power BI visuals is hardly what one would expect at this point.  I posted this Chrome-based issue a long time ago (April 2018).  Fast forward to two years later and it is apparent that Microsoft is deaf when it comes to responsiveness, per this matter.  With their new Chrome-based Edge browser, they've now succeeded in replicating these infamous issues into their own product -- still unresolved, still a problem. 

ctowery
Helper I
Helper I

Neither solution worked for me.

In my case, the card visual is not rendered from the Power BI service, regardless which user or computer is being used.

The card is visible and functioning from Power BI Desktop.

Anyone else having this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue recently. Any solutions to resolve it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently experiencing the same problem with the January 2019 update, running in Chrome (latest version), the drop downs display fine in IE but fail completely in GC.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same thing but specifically with donut charts when the desktop file is published to the Premium service. The legend and title show but not the actual donut with data. Using the march-18 version of the desktop and March-18 version of premium service.

Have tried the following steps to troubleshoot without success:

1. Remove legend

2. Clear browser cache

3. Format so no visuals are overlapping

I simply cannot get the donut charts to visualize in the premium service

May be a glitch in the March 2018 release?

I found that clearing the browser cache in Chrome worked.  That cleared up my issue with missing visualizations.  If other users are able to view them in Chrome and the problem is isolated to a subset of users (or single user, as in my case), very likely the browser cache needs to be cleared.  Along with that, you may need to flush the cache history further back than just 24 hours, as I believe I had to do to clear things up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.