Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create Dynamic URL to Page Navigate

Hi PBI Experts , I want to create a dynamic URL , on clicking URL it as to navigate through specified page in power BI desktop , this PBI file has been saved in Power BI Report Server and This Power BI Report server is in Client's VDI(Virtual Desktop Interface), so there is no question for Power BI service ,

My Agenda is : I need to create URL for particular one page in Power BI desktop , when I click on it then it has to fliter the dashboard and then navigate through specified page in the dashboard and should open it for us.

I have idea about the process but Implementation makes me tense and have no better idea.

Please I need you guys inputs so advise me.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I have the URL for a specific page for my report in PowerBI Report Server?

No this is not possible at the moment. Power BI Report Server does not support the pageName= parameter, this currently only works on the Power BI service (eg app.powerbi.com )

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PasiPBI

Hi

I have the same problem.

Does anyone know if this feature is coming soon?

Or can we vote for the implementation of this feature?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No this is not possible at the moment. Power BI Report Server does not support the pageName= parameter, this currently only works on the Power BI service (eg app.powerbi.com )

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your description, the function you want to achieve may be Bookmark or Drill-through?

Report bookmarks will capture the current state of a report page. Bookmarks save the current filters and slicers, cross-highlighted visuals, sort order, and so on. When others view your report, they can get back to that exact state by selecting your saved bookmark.

With drillthrough in Power BI reports, you can create a destination target page in your report that focuses on a specific entity such as a supplier, customer, or manufacturer.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.