Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vinitpawar99

SSAS Tabular Model Power Query

I'm Creating an Analysis Service Tabular Model in Visual Studio
I'm not able to view all the imported tables in Power Query Editor(SSAS). It only allows me to open one table in the Power Query

Case : -
I have created a tabular model in which I have imported some tables.
Now I want to perform merge between two tables with Power Query Editor but it only allowing me to open one table in the Power Query View.
Please let me know how I can again open the Power Query Editor to perform the merge operation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vinitpawar99 

This article should be helpful: Quirks of Visual Studio Query Editor working with Analysis Services – business intelligist

If you were to open the Query Editor screen for another table in the Tables folder, you will not see any other tables, but you will see the new (shared) Expression. With this, you can merge, append, or do whatever else you’d like.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vinitpawar99 

This article should be helpful: Quirks of Visual Studio Query Editor working with Analysis Services – business intelligist

If you were to open the Query Editor screen for another table in the Tables folder, you will not see any other tables, but you will see the new (shared) Expression. With this, you can merge, append, or do whatever else you’d like.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Thanks for your help @v-jingzhang 

BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @vinitpawar99 ,

It sounds like you are connecting to your Tabular model using a live connection, rather than importing specific tables.

When connecting to ANY source with a live connection, Power Query is completely bypassed.

Please see here for details on different connection methods:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-analysis-services-tabular-data 

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@BA_Pete  Thanks for response.
I'm Creating a Analysis Service Tabular Model in Visual Studio
My Comments : - I have imported all the tables after the transformations.

Now, I want merge two tables but, I'm able to open only one table in the Power Query, How can I see all the imported tables in Power Query

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors