Hi, I did a query time ago that was working perfectly until today and it started retrieving data like this:
We didn't modify the file, the data source or the steps, and I tried different things but couldn't fix it.
Does anyone have any idea of why this is happening and how to fix it?
Go to Solution.
Looks like that 503 error from Sharepoint is the issue. WHatever it's returngin to the query is being read as binary data - hence the odd characters you are seeing.
Check Sharepoint and reconfirm that you can accesss the files you want.
Proud to be a Super User!
View solution in original post
So the CSV file you are importing is actually a text CSV? Not binary?
Can you confirm Parameter5 contains the correct path and filename for the CSV? Try hardcoding the path/filename to test.
Can you post the CSV in question for me to check.
Hi Philip, thanks for taking the time.
The CSV I'm importing are actually Excel files; xlsx, and all the Parameters that I had, they were automatically labelled as Binary, and worked always fine.
The Parameter5 contains the correct Path and filename. The files are placed into a Sharepoint and we retrieve the data from there.
I don't know if the query might get corrupted by any reason, but I also got this error message and I think it has to do with that, Error 503, which actually is a Server-side problem.
Take a look at the September 2023 Power BI update to learn more.
Join Microsoft Reactor and learn from developers.