Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ftellodiaz
Frequent Visitor

Power Query M Language Connection for BigQuery

Hi everyone

I have an issue about this connection. I need to develop a custom connector, which needs data from a BigQuery source; just the data, it doesn't need Google OAuth. For the previous reason, I'm using a GCP service account with the permissions required. Until here, all good. 

I tested the connection in Power BI Desktop with the normal "Get Data -> BigQuery", using the service account, and works fine; even I installed the ODBC Driver, I tested too with Power BI Desktop and it works too in the Get Data Section.

ftellodiaz_0-1679883954423.png    ftellodiaz_1-1679883983059.png

ftellodiaz_5-1679884404108.png ftellodiaz_2-1679884139534.png

As you can see, both connections work propertly, retrieving the wanted data. My big problema is that I haven't been able to find how those connections works just with M Language Code; I wanted for the BigQuery and I couldn't find anything, just connections as I showed, throught Power BI Desktop, and I don't need that, I need the code in M to connect directly, using the service accont, to BigQuery.  The ODBC Driver was a test, and if the code connection works without installing the driver (I doubt, but I don't know how that works), it could be an option, but mostly I need to know how to connect to BigQuery using M Language.

If anyone knows the answer, please I need your help. It's probably that my research about it hasn't been as good as its required, because as far as I've searched, I found nothing related to this specific topic.

Thanks you in advice, regards.

2 REPLIES 2
ftellodiaz
Frequent Visitor

Well, I assume that I've asked is something impossible to do with Power Query 😐

ftellodiaz
Frequent Visitor

Hello

Is there someone who knows something about this topic?, I really need to figure it out how I could connect with BigQuery through Power Query M Language.

Thanks in advice.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors