Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

andershh
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power BI Web Refresh issue: Expression.Error

Hi everyone,

When trying to refresh a dataset and report on the PowerBI website I get this error:

Something went wrong.
Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details. Underlying error code -2147467259 Underlying error message The key didn't match any rows in the table DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult -2147467259 Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Key [Schema = "DDKPROD", Item = "COUNTMARKETINGSTATUS"] Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason Expression.Error Cluster URI WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net Activity ID 07ba0aeb-19ce-a77b-4b16-102b20252f12 Request ID de37e926-c2c7-1dfd-8592-e83ef3f79603 Time 2016-10-04 10:01:11Z

It is worth noting that I have no issue in accessing/refreshing the data when I open the report in Power BI desktop. The issue is when I upload the PowerBI desktop report to the PowerBI website and then from there tries to refresh the report/data. The table in question is called COUNTMARKETINGSTATUS, but the PowerBI website has had no problem in accessing it before now.

I have tried the following:

But the issue persists.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to what I can try to do or to what might be causing this issue?

Many thanks beforehand!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @andershh,

What is your data source and have you made any changes in the COUNTMARKETINGSTATUS table?  

I would recommend you check that if your account that used to connect to the data source has sufficient permissions on this COUNTMARKETINGSTATUS table. If there is no issue with permission, please delete the data source under gateway and re-create the data source, then check if you can refresh the dataset successfully.

Moreover, please make sure that the connection string parameters of the data source under gateway are same as that in Power BI Desktop.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @andershh,

What is your data source and have you made any changes in the COUNTMARKETINGSTATUS table?  

I would recommend you check that if your account that used to connect to the data source has sufficient permissions on this COUNTMARKETINGSTATUS table. If there is no issue with permission, please delete the data source under gateway and re-create the data source, then check if you can refresh the dataset successfully.

Moreover, please make sure that the connection string parameters of the data source under gateway are same as that in Power BI Desktop.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft - thank you for your reply!

It turned out the issue was both due to a permission issue for the table, and that the Data Souce name didn't completely match (different cases) between the queries and the gateway (as suggested by ToddChitt in his second reply  here: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/How-to-remove-personal-gateway-from-app-powerbi-com/td-p/725...).

Thanks for the help!

Best,

Anders Hartzen

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors