Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kyhm97

Path connection error

Hello everyone

Hope you are doing great

I developed a power bi dashboard by connecting to a desktop share folder (additonlly, I saved my Power BI report on the same share folder). I had an issue with my PC so IT had to format it. Now that I'm trying to update my report, but the app shows the following message: "Could not find a part of the path..."

Other coworkers who have acces to the share folder and the power bi file are able to update and work with it without any issues, but I can't

By any chance, do you know how can I solve this issue? I'm adding an attachment as reference

Thank you, best regards!

Picture1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Did you map that Z:  drive on yoru new PC?  

By the way,  using on-Prem file shares is not a great idea, and using drives on your PC doubly so.  Find a share location that doesn't need a gateway, like a OneDrive folder.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Did you map that Z:  drive on yoru new PC?  

By the way,  using on-Prem file shares is not a great idea, and using drives on your PC doubly so.  Find a share location that doesn't need a gateway, like a OneDrive folder.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors