Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing data in Power BI Desktop from Dataflow

Hello there!

I have a dataflow connected to the database and everything is fine, here is example of one row. 

dataflow.PNG

When I download data from DF to Power BI Desktop there is an issue that I have missing random data in activated_date (as you can see there is a date 2/9/2023 in DF), but it's missing in PBD, I don't know why, but this only occurs only on some part of rows, not all.

desktop.PNG

Here is PQ view, everything looks normal excepts this activated_date, I tried to refresh all sources and still nothing. Is this a bug?

pq.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous 
this could be due to a failed data transformation step that has been automatically added at the end of your dataflow.
Although I doubt it in your case...
Background: If you don't specify a type for your column in dataflows, then after saving and closing, 2 steps will automatically be added at the end of your query: A text transformation and a removal of error values.
This could explain the behaviour you are seeing. 
Otherwise I would say it is a bug.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ImkeF 

I checked my flow and activated_date is formatted as a date and I don't see any additional steps, everything seems normal.

In the Dataflow, specify the text type for this column, and convert it to a date after loading in the dataset. 

In general, in dataflows, it is better to store everything in a text type, and convert it after loading into a dataset. There will be fewer such bugs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poohkrd this trick doesn't work either

Could you find any solution for it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors