Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hyuna_8000
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to manually add a row via power query for a non-manually created table?

Hi,

I have a table in my PowerBI report that that I want to manually add a row via power query. The table is queried from a SQL server DB, I don't want to directly insert a record in the SQL server DB table in this case, and I was wondering if it is possible to manually add a row in PowerBI table without touching the upstream SQL server DB table?

The reason behind this is because, I have a cluster column chart for "Mean time to recover" that is calculated from outage table- when there is no outage lets say for April, there will be no data presented in the chart for April, stakeholders are asking a zero value for the month that if is no outage. I don't think it is possible to do it from the visualisation side, so I was thinking to manually add an outage record, and the period of time is 0, so that it shows a zero value for the month.

Please refer to the following column chart, as you can see, there is no value for Apr 2023, Jan 2023 in the last 6 calendar months because there was no outage at all for these months. Is there a way to manually add a blank record in the table with outage time=0? Or are there any other better ways to hack it?

Current graph:

Hyuna_8000_0-1685665919873.png

What I want to achieve (I manually created it in excel):

Hyuna_8000_1-1685666582167.png

Thank you for any tips or suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @Hyuna_8000 ,

Add a 'plus zero' to the end of your measure, like this:

Mean Time to Recover =
CALCULATE(
    SomeStuff,
    SomeConditions
) + 0

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors