Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RobRayborn
Helper III
Helper III

Importing data from PDFs

I'm attempting to import multiple pdf that are orders exported from our Customer's online portal.  
I get the data from Folder.  The problem is that the tables on some of the pdfs carry onto a second page, and the orders that carry on do not get imported.
Suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Ehren
Employee
Employee

The MultiPageTables option, when set to true, is supposed to detect tables that span multiple pages. It sounds like that option isn't working as expected for your particular files.

Do the files only contain a second page when the first table continues past the first page? Or is there sometimes other, unrelated data on the second page? You might be able to write some logic that iterates over the set of tables returned by Pdf.Tables and combine them.

ChielFaber
Super User
Super User

I don't know if you have a Power Automate license, but with Power Automate you can extract data from a PDF and specify from which pages (even multiple)

For a how to take a look at:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/actions-reference/pdf

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors