Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SaltaSultan
Helper I
Helper I

Help!

Hi All,

Can hyperlinks to pdf files can be added to Power BI visuals?

For example, I have a lot of policies and procedures which is ongoing (writing stage), completed and planned listed in one table. And I'd like to link them as pdf files in cloud to document numbers in Power BI visual table, is it possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Thanks for the solution @BA_Pete  provided, and i want to offer some more information for user to refer to.

hello @SaltaSultan , based on your description, as @BA_Pete  mentioned, you need to change your url text type to 'Web URL'first, and make sure the format is "https://......." .

vxinruzhumsft_0-1713247350214.png

then you want to link them as pdf files in cloud to document numbers, you can refer to the following steps.

1. click conitional formatting for the field , then select 'web url'

vxinruzhumsft_1-1713247474178.png

2.Select the url field.

vxinruzhumsft_2-1713247508322.png

Output

vxinruzhumsft_3-1713247522143.png

And you can refer to the following link about the hyerlink.

Add hyperlinks (URLs) to a table or matrix - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If the solutions @BA_Pete  and I offered help you solve the problem, please consider to accept them as a solution.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @SaltaSultan ,

Yes. Once you import your table of URLs into the data model, select the column of the table that contains your URLs, then change the Data Category to Web URL, which will allow them to be clicked as links when displayed in a table/matrix visual:

BA_Pete_1-1712938214277.png

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

I did, but links are not appeared in visuals

Hi,

Thanks for the solution @BA_Pete  provided, and i want to offer some more information for user to refer to.

hello @SaltaSultan , based on your description, as @BA_Pete  mentioned, you need to change your url text type to 'Web URL'first, and make sure the format is "https://......." .

vxinruzhumsft_0-1713247350214.png

then you want to link them as pdf files in cloud to document numbers, you can refer to the following steps.

1. click conitional formatting for the field , then select 'web url'

vxinruzhumsft_1-1713247474178.png

2.Select the url field.

vxinruzhumsft_2-1713247508322.png

Output

vxinruzhumsft_3-1713247522143.png

And you can refer to the following link about the hyerlink.

Add hyperlinks (URLs) to a table or matrix - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If the solutions @BA_Pete  and I offered help you solve the problem, please consider to accept them as a solution.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xinruzhu-msft Hello! Thank you for your detailed reply, but the problem is all those pdf files that I have to attach are in organizational cloud of the app that company uses to track them, so it's not satrting from http however hard I've tried to... how I can possibly solve it now?

Hi @SaltaSultan 

Thanks for your quick reply, and after testing, if you want to display them, you need to put them to a website, or it cannot work, you can put the pdf to sharepoint or onedrive, then can use the url.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

@v-xinruzhu-msft I'll try and keep you posted) thanks

Make sure you add the full "https://" etc. to the URLs:

BA_Pete_0-1713115161823.png

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Wow! @BA_Pete  thank you so much! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors