Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BudMan512
Helper V
Helper V

Failed to save modifications to the server...Column of parameter 14: Value out of range.'.

I am new to Power BI.  I previously was bringing in data from Excel Spreadsheets but now would like to start connecting with our company Data Tables using ODBC.  I succesfuly brougt in a Customer table with no problems.  However when I bring in transaction history data I run into problems.  After formatting the data, deleting columns and other clean up, I  selected APPLY to check the data.  I am now getting the below error.

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] ODBC: ERROR [22003] [TOD][ODBC Driver]VALRNG: Column or parameter 14: Value out of range.'.

I reduced my number of columns to 13 as a test, but still get the message.  So I am thinking it may be a parameter problem.

Anyone seen this before and have words of wisdom for me?

Thanks much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found the bad column and deleted it.  Thanks for taking the time to assist.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@BudMan512 

Check the parameter see if the value is out the range, change it to a valid parameter.

V-pazhen-msft_0-1620108420038.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I found the refrenced column in the data and deleted it.  Then I was able to use it.  It was a redundant column anyway.  I guess some day I will have to learn how to find the bad data that was causing the problem.  Thank you for taking the time to help me with my problem.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@BudMan512 

The error highlights "Column or parameter 14: Value out of range.". Please check the values in the related column and the parameter.  Have you set up incremental refresh?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

I found the bad column and deleted it.  Thanks for taking the time to assist.

Hi Fowmy, thanks for the reply.  I have removed columns so now I only have 13 columns but still get the error.  I am not sure how to check the parameter.  I have not setup incremental refresh.  I am not familiar with that.

Ya, that's what you are dealing with here.😊  I do have a book on the way but appreciate any assistance until then.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors