Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MohsinBipu
Helper I
Helper I

Extract data from a two-dimensional data in Power Query

I have one table "Code table". Here Product code (Mobile, TV, Monitor, etc) is mentioned based on different stores (South Store, North Store, Ease, and West store). 

I have another table "PO Table". Here one monitor is ordered from South store. But this product will be delivered from East store. 

Both tables are in Power Query. In "PO Table", I want to get the item code of the delivery store based on the Store location. Please find the Picture for a better understanding.

For the first example, Conditional cells are marked with a red circle. 

This would be great if you can give the solution with normal Power query steps rather than M language. 😀

MohsinBipu_0-1684474452500.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MohsinBipu
Helper I
Helper I

yes, I solved it. Main Part needs to pivot other columns of "Code table".

MohsinBipu_0-1684489423434.png

Then Need to merge and compare with "PO Table". With the below steps, Solved it. Shared with all if it helps other. 

MohsinBipu_1-1684489218138.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MohsinBipu
Helper I
Helper I

yes, I solved it. Main Part needs to pivot other columns of "Code table".

MohsinBipu_0-1684489423434.png

Then Need to merge and compare with "PO Table". With the below steps, Solved it. Shared with all if it helps other. 

MohsinBipu_1-1684489218138.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors